Monday, August 10, 2015

Love God Greatly - Psalm 119 - week 1+2

I will seek the Lord with my whole heart #journalingbible | itsahappyday

 Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, 

who seek him with their whole heart, 

Psalm 119:2 (ESV)

_____________________________________________________


I loved doing this Love God Greatly* study. This was the first time I actually read this whole psalm. 

This whole psalm is about God's word. It is amazing. 
We should meditate on God's word every day, all day and obey Him. it is only when we love and keep His commandments that we can be truly happy. He gives us strength. He gives life. He gives us hope.

Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things | #biblejournaling

Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law. Psalm 119:18

Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways. Psalm 119:37

Verse 37 reminded me to keep my eyes focused on Jesus and not look at worthless things. Not only should my eyes be turned away from worthless things, but my ears, hands, tongue and thoughts should alway glorify God. I am a new creation (2 Cor 5:17) old things has passed away.  I consider myself dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus. (Rom 6:11)
__________________________________________________

These pages were done with Dala liquid temera (it's pretty much the only paint I have at the moment), black pigment ink pens and a permanent marker. The permanent marker didn't bleed through because of the coat of paint.

I will seek the Lord with my whole heart | Psalm 119 | #journalingbible | itsahappyday





*Love God Greatly is a free online bible study that inspires, encourages and equips women to grow in their faith, so they can effectively reach others for Christ.  Their "Galatians" study will start on the 7th of September. Check their website for more details.  lovegodgreatly.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment